IU School of Social Work is headquartered on the IUPUI campus with locations on 8 IU Campuses. The school also has the Department of Labor Studies
Jessica Lee, Ph.D., LSW
Area of responsibility: IUPUI & IU Southeast
902 West New York Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Office: (317) 274-2910
PhD, Bryn Mawr College, Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
MSS, Bryn Mawr College, Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
MBE, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
Certificate in Gender Studies, University of Pennsylvania
Area of Interest:
Dr. Jessica Euna Lee is a critical community-engaged scholar focusing on refugee and global health, forced migration, decolonizing methodologies, ethics, health social work, and behavioral health. Her work prioritizes community-driven approaches and promotes health equity for underserved communities. She collaborates with ethnically-diverse stakeholders and refugee-serving organizations.
Selected Funded Projects:
- Online Paraprofessional Training: Focusing on Children, Youth & Transitional-Aged Youth with Behavioral Health Needs in Indiana (OPT-IN). Funded by HRSA, Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training (BHWET) Program for Paraprofessionals Grant. 2021-2025
- Resilience and Protective Factors among Burmese Refugees: A Strengths-Based Participatory Action Research Project. Community Partner: Burmese American Community Institute. Funded by Charles R. Bantz Chancellor’s Community Scholar Award, IUPUI. 2020-2021
- Refugee Healthcare Utilization and Trends in Refugee Resettlement Agencies in the United States. Funded by AAUW American Fellowship Research Publication Grant. 2020
- Participatory Program Evaluations with Refugee Community Partners. Community Partner: Exodus Refugee Immigration. Funded by Indiana Campus Compact Faculty Fellows Program and IUPUI Community Engagement Associates Program. 2020-2021
- Role of Proximal Contexts in Advancing Adolescents’ Psychosocial and Academic Achievement through Identity-Linked Supported or Inhibited Practices and Behaviors. (Co-PI). Funded by IU Racial Justice Research Fund. 2020-2021
- Attitudes and Perceptions of Mental Illness and Developmental Disorders Among Refugees. Funded by IUPUI EMPOWER. 2020
- Knowledge, Perception, and Awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder Among Chin Burmese Population in Indiana. (Co-PI). IU Emergency Equity Fund for Research & IUPUI Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program. 2019-2021
- Promoting Behavioral Health, Decreasing Stigma of Mental Health and Addiction-Related Disorders among Refugees and Immigrants. (Lead Researcher). Community Partner: The Neighborhood Program, Adult & Child Health. Funded by Division of Mental Health and Addiction. 2016-2017
Jessica Lee chairs the Health Focus Area at IUSSW. She teaches in the areas of health and macro social work practice across the MSW and BSW Programs.
Jessica's practice experience includes health social work and medical case management for high need refugees, refugee resettlement, community-driven program development, and participatory action research. She is a licensed social worker (LSW) and a registered yoga teacher (RYT® 200).