BSW Program Honors and Awards
Chancellor's Scholar Award
Chancellor's Scholar Award is bestowed each year on an outstanding student in each of IUPUI's twenty (20) academic units who has achieved the highest level of academic performance while working towards his or her degree.
The BSW program has a Dean's list to recognize student excellence. The policy, as approved by the Faculty in 1997, reads as follows:
- BSW students with a semester GPA of 3.75 or better will be named to the Dean's List.
- The BSW program will forward the names of the eligible students to the Office of the Dean. This information should be forwarded within two weeks following the posting of semester grades.
- The Dean of the School will notify students of their achievement by mail.
- The Dean's List will be posted in a public place within the School.
- Only students taking a full course load in either the Fall or Spring semesters will be eligible.
- The Dean's List will be compiled twice a year.
Graduating With Honors
Each year, graduating students who rank in the upper 10 percent of their graduating class are recognized by graduating with Distinction (Highest, High, and With Distinction). These students are awarded specially colored "cords" which they wear attached to the shoulder of their graduation gowns during the commencement ceremony.
IUPUI Top 100 Outstanding Students
Each year, the accomplishments of IUPUI top junior and senior students are recognized. The IUPUI Alumni Association solicits student nominations from faculty, staff, and student organizations sometime in January or early February. Eligible nominees must have completed at least 24 credit hours at the Indianapolis Campus.
Phi Alpha Honor Society-Kappa Gamma Chapter
Students who have completed the first semester of the junior year social work courses with an overall GPA of 3.50 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) and a GPA of 3.50 or higher in required social work classes are invited to join the Phi Alpha Honor Society. All courses from the student's undergraduate career, including courses taken from other higher education institutions, are included in the overall GPA calculation.
Plater Civic Engagement Medallion
In accordance with IUPUI's mission as an urban, civically engaged institution, the William M. Plater Civic Engagement Medallion award was established to distinguish graduating seniors who have demonstrated exemplary commitment to their communities, exhibited personal and academic growth, high levels of integrity, and significant community impact as a result of their civic engagement experiences during their college years.