Whether looking for information about Social Work as a profession or registering for classes, students can turn to their advisors for help. Advisors refer students to appropriate on- and off-campus resources, assist in academic planning, and provide career development support. Sometimes they are the first step in determining your fit or stop out options for your program as well.
Our Student Services Coordinators are a terrific resource for you. It is the first stop in Social Work for all academic and career advising in the BSW program starts at the Student Services Office. The office is staffed by BSW Student Services Coordinators who has been through extensive training and can find the best resources for each student who requests services. Whether it is:
- Learning about the admission requirements to apply to the BSW program,
- Helping to review a course plan
- Scheduling an appointment to evaluate undergraduate credits,
- Creating your educational plan
- Learning about certificate and special program opportunities
- Understanding transfer credits and much more
Who Should You Contact?
Please call, leave a message, send an email, or schedule an appointment.
- (Pre-Social Work and Prospective Students)
- (Admitted BSW students)
Make an Appointment
Call 317-274-6747 or 317-274-5447 anytime OR stop by the office in ES4146 or ES4143 during walk-in hours OR use the academic request form
Hours of Operation:
Student Services for Fall and Spring semester hours are: Monday- Friday 9:00am -4:30pm.
These hours might be adjusted during peak registration times to accommodate more appointments. If you need services after 5 p.m., please call the BSW Student Services Line at 317-278-0739 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so we can accommodate your request by appointment.
If you have any advising questions or need to speak with the BSW student services coordinators you can walk in any of the following:
- MONDAY (from 10am to 2pm)
- WEDNESDAY (from 1pm to 4pm)
- THURSDAY: University College (from 12pm to 2pm)
Pre-Social Work & Prospective Students
- MONDAY: 10am to 2pm, ES 4146
- THURSDAY: University College 12pm to 2pm
Admitted BSW Students
- MONDAY: 10am to 2pm, ES 4143
- WEDNESDAY: 1pm to 4pm, ES4143
IU School of Social Work offers open advising appointments at University College on Thursdays. Please call (317) 274-4856 to schedule an appointment with Jewel Mosley-Edmonds.
Make an appointment to see your Student Services advisor by clicking on the academic request form or calling student services line 317-278-0739. To request class permission, please use the same form. Each student has a Student Services Advisor. Student Services advisors will help you with registration, serve as your advocate, troubleshoot, refer you to other campus offices and answer questions.